. Black Bean Green Chili Enchiladas with Vegan Jalapeño Cream Sauce | Best Recipe

Black Bean Green Chili Enchiladas with Vegan Jalapeño Cream Sauce

ats
tgh
After some failed attempts at recreating enchiladas from my non-vegan days I was close to giving up.
I’ve mentioned before that I can’t stomach most vegan cheeses.
Which meant every recipe I tried came out super dry without any creamy goodness.
I couldn’t sacrifice flavor by adding vegan shreds, so I needed to find something else to take its place.
And then, one day, it hit me.
Vegan cream cheese.
It was something I knew liked the flavor of – and combined with the right ingredients, it could be the perfect fit for enchiladas.
And I’m happy to report it totally is!



Black Bean Green Chili Enchiladas with Vegan Jalapeño Cream Sauce

These Black Bean Green Chili Vegan Enchiladas with Jalapeño Cream Sauce are the answer to creamy enchiladas without using vegan cheese.

 Prep Time 10 minutes
 Cook Time 30 minutes
 Total Time 40 minutes

Ingredients
FOR THE JALAPEÑO CREAM SAUCE

  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/4 red onion roughly chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic roughly chopped
  • 1.5 tsp cumin
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 jalapeño roughly chopped
  • 8 oz vegan cream cheese*
  • 1/2 bunch cilantro
  • 1/4 - 1/2 cup water

FOR THE ENCHILADA FILLING

  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/4 red onion diced
  • 1 clove garlic diced
  • 1.5 tsp cumin
  • 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
  • 4 oz can diced green chiles
  • 1/2 cup green enchilada sauce
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 3/4 jalapeño cream sauce recipe

FOR THE ENCHILADAS

  • 8 corn tortillas
  • 1 cup green enchilada sauce
  • 1/4 jalapeño cream sauce recipe
  • cilantro to taste

Instructions






bwh