. Easy Instant Pot Chicken Marsala | Best Recipe

Easy Instant Pot Chicken Marsala

ats
tgh
Oh, how I used to love the chicken marsala from Olive Garden! Back in the day, I frequented the Olive Garden often. Before I became a “real foodie,” I had a thing for chain restaurants. Olive Garden was our hangout for so many lunches and dinners! I had my trio of favorites that I would rotate throughout my visits. I would usually order the chicken scampi, shrimp carbonara, or the infamous chicken marsala.

Chicken Marsala is an Italian dish that traditionally uses chicken cutlets. For the majority of my recipes with chicken breasts, I cut the breasts in half, horizontally to create cutlets. I did not do that for this recipe because the breasts I used were pretty small. You may want to consider this method, depending on the size of the chicken you have.

What wine is best to use for chicken marsala? Dry, marsala wine. Marsala wine has a deep, smokey flavor. It is perfect for really savory dishes like this one.



Easy Instant Pot Chicken Marsala

 Course dinner, lunch
 Prep Time 5 minutes
 Cook Time 25 minutes
 Total Time 30 minutes

Ingredients

4 skinless chicken breasts, 4-6 ounces each
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup marsala cooking wine
2 garlic cloves chopped
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons shallots chopped
2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon corn starch
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 tablespoon Better Than Bouillon Chicken Seasoning
McCormick's Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning to taste
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon parsley

Instructions

  • Place the Instant Pot on the saute function. When the pot is hot, add the olive oil.
  • Add the chicken breasts to the pot. Season the breasts with the chicken seasoning, salt, and pepper. Sear each side of the breasts for a couple of minutes.
  • Remove the chicken from the pot. Add the garlic and shallots. Cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
  • Add the mushrooms. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
  • Add the chicken broth to the pot. Deglaze the pot by using the liquid to scrape up the brown bits from the chicken. There is so much flavor in this process.


bwh