. Rocky Road Brownies | Best Recipe

Rocky Road Brownies

ats
tgh
This brownie recipe was one of the first recipes that got me into baking (5 or 6 years ago).  One of my co-workers, Liz, would make these every once in a while and bring them to work for us to munch on.  They were one of the best brownies I had ever eaten.  I was used to store-bought brownies and box mix brownies and had never tried a "from scratch" version.  I was so impressed that a young woman (like myself at the time) could create such a yummy treat.  I was used to Mom's and Grandma's making treats, not young women.  I guess you could say that's what started it all - my foodie obsession!



Rocky Road Brownies


  • 1 c. unsalted butter, melted
  • 2 c. sugar
  • 1/3 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 tsp. vanilla        
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 4 large eggs
  • chopped walnuts or pecans, opt.
  • 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
  • 1 (10 oz.) bag mini marshmallows

Icing:

  • 1/2 c. unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/4 c. evaporated milk, more or less
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 3 c. powdered sugar


Full Recipes>>Rocky Road Brownies



bwh