. Vegan Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes | Best Recipe

Vegan Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes

ats
tgh
I like to think I’m not a super rountine-y kind of person but I mean, I totally am.

I thrive when I know what I’m supposed to be doing, when I have a plan, when I have structure. So while I have an archive of tested recipes and the world wide web at my fingertips, I still make the sam damn things ever week. OMG am I boring?!

If it ain’t broke…



VEGAN TACO STUFFED SWEET POTATOES


The best vegan tacos with chickpea pecan "meat," cabbage slaw, and avocado crema stuffed all stuffed in sweet potatoes! The perfect healthy meatless meal for the whole family.

INGREDIENTS
For the sweet potatoes:

  • 4-6 medium sweet potatoes, baked (alternatively, you can use taco shells of choice)
  • For the cilantro lime slaw:
  • 1 small head red cabbage, shredded (about 5 cups)
  • 2 tbsp lime juice
  • ½ tsp salt (or to taste)
  • 1 tsp pure maple syrup (can sub honey)
  • ½ cup cilantro, chopped

For the cilantro lime crema:

  • 2 medium ripe avocados
  • ½ cup cilantro, packed
  • 3 tbsp lime juice
  • 3 tbsp water (more if needed to blend)
  • ¼ tsp garlic power
  • ¼ tsp salt

For the taco filling (this makes a lot, feel free to cut in half)

  • 2-15oz cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • Heaping ½ cup pecans (or walnuts)
  • 2 tbsp chili powder
  • 4 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • ½ tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • ½ tsp smoked paprika
  • ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
  • ¾ tsp sea salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • ½ cup water

Additional toppings:

  • sliced jalapeños, salsa, hot sauce

INSTRUCTIONS



bwh