. Apfelstrudel Recipe (German Apple Strudel Recipe) | Best Recipe

Apfelstrudel Recipe (German Apple Strudel Recipe)

ats
tgh
Disclaimer: A special thank you to #AppleWeek Sponsors: Rodelle, Dreamfarm, Casabella, Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal, Pryex, Chicago Cutlery, Rainier Fruit, and Veggie Wash for providing prizes for #AppleWeek free of charge (more details at the end of this post!). These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #AppleWeek. All opinions are my own.

I took German all through high school and college.  My dad lived in Austria for two years and I thought I would learn the language and he and I would be the only ones able to speak it and no one else would understand.  I thought that would be the best thing ever.  Except it turned out that my father had forgotten most of his German.  And now, sadly, so have I except for a few phrases really!  



Apfelstrudel Recipe (German Apple Strudel Recipe)

Prep Time
30 mins
Cook Time
1 hr 30 mins
Total Time
2 hrs


Ingredients
Strudel Dough

  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/3 cup lukewarm water
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice

Apple Raisin Filling

  • 3/4 cup butter, melted
  • 2/3 cup Panko breadcrumbs
  • 2 lbs apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
  • 2/3 cup golden raisins, plumped in hot water for 10 minutes, then drained
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • Powdered sugar, for dusting

Instructions






bwh