. Broccoli Apple Salad | Best Recipe

Broccoli Apple Salad

ats
tgh
There are only a few ways you can get me to eat raw broccoli and actually enjoy it. It either needs to be mixed into a salad like so or dunked into a really good dip. This delicious Broccoli Apple Salad is one of the best ways you can enjoy fresh broccoli! Plus it’s packed with nutritious ingredients! I also made it lighter (as I frequently like to with dressings) by substituting plain Greek yogurt for some of the mayonnaise.

Don’t get me wrong, I love mayo. My go to brand of mayonnaise is Hellman’s (AKA Best Foods in some states). I always have a full-fat version of it and a light version stocked in my fridge. I use it for countless things, from sandwiches, to dressings, to salmon, to chicken salads and so forth. It’s a pantry (or in this case refrigerator) staple. I love the rich creaminess the full-fat version offers to this salad. By using the ratio of 1/3 cup regular mayo to 3/4 cup Greek yogurt, you can still keep a healthy balance without compromising great flavor.



Ingredients

  • 4 cups small diced broccoli florets
  • 2 small gala apples , cored and diced
  • 1 cup walnuts
  • 1 cup matchstick carrots , roughly chopped
  • 1/2 cup golden raisins or dried cranberries
  • 1/4 cup chopped red onion

Dressing

  • 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
  • 1/3 cup Hellman's or Best Foods Mayonnaise (full fat)
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 3 Tbsp honey
  • Salt

Instructions
For the dressing:

  • In a medium mixing bowl whisk together Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, honey and season with salt to taste (about 1/4 tsp). Chill until ready to use.

Full Recipes>>Broccoli Apple Salad



bwh