. Broccoli Salad | Best Recipe

Broccoli Salad

ats
tgh
I remember the first time I ever had this salad. I was at a Christmas party years ago with my family, and my aunt served this salad (Hi Aunt Debbie!!). I had never had anything like it, and I ate seconds. Then thirds. Then begged for the recipe.

Truth be told I’ve only made it a handful of times in the past ten or so years. And every time it’s been devoured at family potlucks and bbq’s.

I prefer to make this salad the night before. I think it gives the dressing time to “soften” the broccoli. However, the recipe as given to me, says to pour dressing on salad right before serving. You decide how you want to serve this…as everyone has different taste buds! Either way, it’s going to be delicious.



Broccoli Salad

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 lb broccoli florets, cut bite size
  • 1/3 cup red onion, cut in strips
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1/3 cup sunflower seeds (no shells)
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar

DIRECTIONS:

Full Recipes>>Broccoli Salad




bwh