. Deviled Potatoes | Best Recipe

Deviled Potatoes

ats
tgh
Have you had deviled potatoes before?

In hindsight, I probably should have put these out before Easter last weekend, but we can still eat deviled things all year long, right?

The first (and only) time I had deviled potatoes was back in my California days, at one of my favorite vegan restaurants, which has sadly now closed. On Sundays, they had an all-you-can-eat brunch, which more often than not felt like a clean-out-the-kitchen group meal and not really breakfast. Unless your brunch usually includes lots of salads, sandwiches, pastas and desserts. I’m not complaining; I loved seeing what I’d find on the menu each week- a definite departure from the ordinary. Plus, brunch always included mimosas.

Anyways, potatoes! I’d never seen anyone devil a potato before and I was in complete awe. So I ate at least 8 of them to try and figure out their secret. Creamy in texture to a deviled egg, but with a bit more bite. I filed that idea away in my recipe brain and brought it out last weekend for my own Sunday brunch.



Deviled Potatoes

Ingredients

  • 1.5 pound bag The Little Potato Company Terrific Trio
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt 
  • 1/4 cup vegan mayo (I like veganaise the best) 
  • 2 tablespoons relish 
  • 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
  • 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • fresh dill, chopped 

Instructions

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Toss potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 30-35 minutes until just tender. 
  • Remove potatoes and halve lengthwise. Carefully scoop out a circle of potato and place in a large bowl. Place shells back on baking sheet and cook another 10 minutes to crisp the shells. Let cool. 
Full Recipes>>Deviled Potatoe




bwh