. Epic Dry Rubbed Baked Chicken Wings | Best Recipe

Epic Dry Rubbed Baked Chicken Wings

ats
tgh
I know… I know.  I’m breaking just about EVERY chicken wing rule here… there’s no beer.  While you might be thinking I’ve lost my marbles… just hear me out okay?  Sutter Home Riesling has an amazing almost tropical fruit taste, which when paired with a spicy dish, is absolutely delicious and memorable!  I promise!  After pairing it with a sweet wine, I was blown away.  Remember back when I paired this spicy chicken meal with white zinfandel?  Wine is the way to go here friends!



EPIC DRY-RUBBED BAKED CHICKEN WINGS

INGREDIENTS
EPIC DRY RUB:

  • 1/2 Tbsp ancho chile pepper
  • 1/2 Tbsp smoked paprika
  • 1/2 Tbsp onion powder
  • 1/2 Tbsp kosher salt
  • 3/4 Tbsp light brown sugar, packed
  • 3/4 tsp chili powder
  • 3/4 tsp paprika
  • 3/4 tsp cumin
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (less if you're worried about the heat level)
  • 1/2 tsp dried mustard powder
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp dried oregano
  • 1/4 tsp dried ground thyme

WINGS:

  • 4 lbs chicken wings, thawed completely if using a frozen bag
  • 2 Tbsp vegetable or canola oil

CREAMY GORGONZOLA SAUCE:

  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 3-6 Tbsp buttermilk
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 2 -3 oz crumbled gorgonzola cheese
  • 1 clove garlic, grated
  • 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp kosher salt

INSTRUCTIONS




bwh