. Gluten-free Cream Puffs | Best Recipe

Gluten-free Cream Puffs

ats
tgh
I will admit it now… Before having to eat gluten free, even though I was a baker, I never mastered making cream puffs.

I always had trouble with them not rising properly, or with them staying soggy in the middle. My Grandma was really good at making them though, and if they were coming over for supper, she would whip up a batch filled either with pudding or whipped cream. This was always a treat, because my Mom never had success baking them either.



Gluten-free Cream Puffs

Prep time
10 mins
Cook time
30 mins
Total time
40 mins

Ingredients

  • 2/3 cup (107 g) white rice flour
  • 1/3 cup (68 g) sweet rice flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml)xanthan gum
  • Pinch salt
  • 1 teaspoon (5 ml) baking powder
  • 1 cup (250 ml) water
  • 1/2 cup (125 ml) unsalted butter, cut into cubes
  • 4 large eggs, room temperature

Instructions




bwh