. Mini Meyer Lemon Tarts with Shortbread Crust | Best Recipe

Mini Meyer Lemon Tarts with Shortbread Crust

ats
tgh
Sweet and tangy Mini Meyer Lemon Tarts with buttery shortbread crusts are easy and delicious spring and summer desserts!

Everyone talks about life giving you lemons and making lemonade. Well guess what?  1. If life gave me lemons, I would make something way cooler than lemonade (hellooo dessert!) and 2. Life does not give me lemons… unfortunately.

So what do I do when life doesn’t give me lemons? I go to my sister’s house because life has blessed her with a whole tree full of gorgeous Meyer lemons right in her backyard!



Mini Meyer Lemon Tarts with Shortbread Crust

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 cup white whole wheat (or all purpose) flour
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt (omit if using salted butter)
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup Meyer lemon curd (recipe below)

For the lemon curd:

  • 1 tablespoon lemon zest
  • 3/4 cup fresh Meyer lemon juice (from 3-4 Meyer lemons)
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
  • 3 large eggs + 4 large egg yolks
  • 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick), cubed

Instructions





bwh