. Salted Caramel Preztel Cupcakes | Best Recipe

Salted Caramel Preztel Cupcakes

ats
tgh
Totally unrelated to these Salted Caramel Preztel Cupcakes, but there’s a story that’s too funny not to tell. The last two weeks in August, Tyler was out of town for training in Delaware for 2 weeks. It was bad timing, as he left right after we returned from vacation. I was already experiencing the post-vacation blues and I was not excited about the prospect of being a single working mom for two weeks. (But I survived, and I am so thankful that is not my normal routine!) 

Anyway, I was grumpy that morning and I had made myself some toast with peanut butter and honey. I had to add the honey to brighten up my day a little. I brought them upstairs to eat while I nursed Cameron and set them down right beside where he was sitting.



SALTED CARAMEL PRETZEL CUPCAKES

INGREDIENTS
For the chocolate cupcakes

  • 1 cup water
  • ⅔ cup cocoa
  • 1 tsp vinegar
  • ½ cup butter, softened slightly
  • 1 and ¼ cup white sugar
  • ¼ cup + 1 T vegetable oil
  • 2 eggs +1 egg yolk
  • 1 and ¾ cup all purpose flour
  • ½ tsp salt
  • ½ tsp baking soda

For the salted caramel buttercream

  • ¾ cup softened butter
  • 3 and ½ cups powdered sugar
  • ⅔ cup salted caramel sauce, room temperature
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream or milk, room termperature
  • mini pretzel twists, for decorating

INSTRUCTIONS




bwh