. Strawberry Custard Cake | Best Recipe

Strawberry Custard Cake

ats
tgh
When fresh strawberries meet classic Vanilla Magic Custard Cake, these two together make seriously magical dessert!!! Strawberry Custard Cake is really over-the-top!!!

Speaking about magic custard cakes, so far I’ve tried many. First I made classic Vanilla Magic Custard Cake. And that was love at the first bite. So I had to try chocolate version. You might remember my Chocolate Magic Custard Cake. Then I decided to add a little bit of fruity flavor, so I made Easy Banana Magic Cake.

All those magic custard cakes were delicious but this Strawberry Custard Cake goes beyond all of them. When I put it in the oven to bake, I knew immediately that this would become my favorite custard cake ever. And wonderful sweet smell of strawberries and vanilla that spreads through my kitchen swept me of my feet.



Ingredients
For strawberry puree:

  • 10 oz. fresh strawberries
  • 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice

For the cake:

  • 4 egg whites
  • Dash of salt
  • 4 egg yolks
  • 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
  • ½ cup unsalted butter-melted and slightly cooled
  • 1 ¼ cup milk-lukewarm
  • 1 ¼ cup strawberry puree
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • ¾ cup all-purpose flour
  • A few drops of red food coloring-if desired
  • powdered sugar-for dusting the cake

Instructions

  • Preheat the oven to 325 F and coat 8 x 8 (2 inch deep) square baking dish with cooking spray and line with parchment paper leaving an overhang on two sides. Lay the second piece of parchment paper on top, across the first one, leaving an overhang on the other two sides so you can take the cake out of the pan easier.
  • First, make strawberry puree. Place strawberries, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons sugar in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth.
  • Next, beat egg whites until soft peaks form, add a dash of salt and continue beating until stiff peaks form, set aside.
  • In another bowl beat egg yolks, gradually add powdered sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy and the mixture is pale yellow.



bwh