. Mediterranean Quinoa with Cashew Tzatziki | Best Recipe

Mediterranean Quinoa with Cashew Tzatziki

ats
tgh
This easy Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl is full of healthy ingredients: freshly roasted vegetables, quinoa with amazing Mediterranean flavors, and a homemade, vegan Cashew Tzatziki.

I still remember that when I first started looking into healthy cooking (and that wasn’t awfully long ago), I quickly realized that I knew very little about the world beyond what I was used to.

You know, “traditional”, mostly comfort foods, pizza, pasta, and the like. In that situation, I was reading a lot and I was amazed about how many undiscovered treasures there were for me to explore.

Articles like Julie Wilcox‘ “7 Benefits Of Quinoa: The Supergrain Of The Future” that appeared on Forbes were extremely helpful. I hadn’t heard of quinoa before, no clue what to do with it, and had no idea what a “supergrain” was supposed to be.

Quite a lot has changed since then. I have come to love quinoa and use it in ways I hadn’t anticipated. Like in this “Coconut-Mango Stew with Homemade Naan” recipe.



INGREDIENTS
FOR THE CASHEW TZATZIKI:

  • 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight
  • 1 clove garlic
  • salt to taste
  • 2-3 tbs white vinegar
  • 1 Tbs lemon juice
  • 3/4 cup (180 ml) water
  • a little bit of chopped cucumber

FOR THE MEDITERRANEAN QUINOA:

  • 1 cup quinoa
  • 3 Tbs tomato paste
  • 1 yellow pepper
  • 1 zucchini
  • 1 eggplant
  • 1-2 handful sundried tomatoes chopped
  • salt and pepper

INSTRUCTIONS
For the Cashew Tzatziki:

  • Drain the cashews and add with all other ingredients (except for the chopped cucumber pieces) into a blender and process until smooth.
  • Transfer to a bowl, add the cucumber pieces, and mix. Store in the fridge.
  • For the Mediterranean Quinoa:
  • Cook the quinoa according to the manufacturer’s instructions.






bwh