. One-Pan Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice | Best Recipe

One-Pan Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice

ats
tgh
This One-Pan Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice dish is perfect for a busy weeknight when things are hectic. Only one dish to clean for this satisfying dinner.

I’m a little late to the one-pot, one-pan party. I don’t know why I’ve been resistant but with food trends, I’m either really early or really late to try them.

I think I was the last person in the world to eat quinoa.

And cookie butter…, just had my first taste ever yesterday.



ONE-PAN CHEESY CHICKEN, BROCCOLI, AND RICE

INGREDIENTS

 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
 1/2 medium yellow onion , diced finely
 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts , cut into bite sized pieces
 2 cloves of garlic , minced
 1 teaspoon of kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
 1 cup uncooked extra long grain white rice
 2 1/2 cups of low-sodium chicken broth (I like to use Better than Buillion Chicken base)
 2 1/2 cups broccoli florets , cut into bite sized pieces
 2 cups shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese

INSTRUCTIONS

  • In a large skillet or pan, sauté onions in two tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
  • Once onions soften, increase the heat to medium high and add chicken to the pan.
  • Brown the chicken pieces and add the garlic. Cook for about 1 more minute.
  • Push chicken to one side of the pan and add additional tablespoon of olive oil to other side.




bwh