. Red Velvet Cupcakes (with cream cheese surprise inside) | Best Recipe

Red Velvet Cupcakes (with cream cheese surprise inside)

ats
tgh
Just when you think Red Velvet Cupcakes couldn’t get any better, then they get stuffed with a cream cheese surprise! I think you will be swooning over these for a long time!

The other day I was helping my 10 year old with his homework but I really needed to make a dessert. You know, dessert is a necessity. Truly it is! The kids need a treat in their lunchbox every day. And that’s the only reason dessert is a necessity! Ha!

Okay, maybe I needed a little dessert too! I’d been dreaming of making red velvet cupcakes for a few days. The other day I opened my fridge and noticed that sometime during the holidays I must have gotten a little carried away with my cream cheese buying. You see I live and hour from the grocery store and a girl can’t be caught without cream cheese.



Red Velvet Cupcakes (with cream cheese surprise inside)

Prep time
15 mins
Cook time
22 mins
Total time
37 mins


Ingredients

1 box red velvet cake mix (prepared as package directs, except substitute milk for water)
1 8 oz. pkg cream cheese (room temperature
⅓ c. sugar
1 egg
1 dash salt
1 c. mini chocolate chips
Cream cheese frosting (optional)

Instructions

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and salt. Beat again. Stir in chocolate chips. Refrigerate while making cake mix.
  • Prepare cake mix as directed on package except substitute milk for water.
  • Line cupcake pan with liners. This recipe makes about 30 cupcakes.
  • Fill cupcake liners ½-2/3 full with red velvet cake mix.


bwh