. Vegetable Fritters | Best Recipe

Vegetable Fritters

ats
tgh
These vegan Vegetable Fritters make a great appetizer or meal. If you have vegetables to use up, these are a great way to use them up.

I got the idea for these vegan Vegetable Fritters after making a Chickpea Omelet Two Ways. They are similar in that they both have chickpea flour and vegetables, but their flavor profile is a bit different. The Chickpea Omelets have a “cheesy” flavor from nutritional yeast. Even though they are a vegan omelet, they are a lot like a flatbread.

I love how versatile chickpea flour is. There are so many ways to use it.

If you love Indian food, like I do, I probably don’t have to tell you how great pakoras are, which contain chickpea flour. They are one of my favorite appetizers to get when I eat at Indian restaurants.

Now that would be a fun recipe to make! I have a feeling I would want pakoras every night if I started making them.



Vegetable Fritters

 Prep Time 15 minutes
 Cook Time 20 minutes
 Total Time 35 minutes

Ingredients

  • 3/4 cup chickpea flour  (garbanzo bean flour)
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • pepper
  • 1/4 cup chopped red onion
  • 3/4 cup chopped red pepper
  • 3/4 cup corn
  • 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
  • vegetable oil
  • Vegan Chipotle Ranch Dressing  (optional)

Instructions

  • Mix dry ingredients. Add water and whisk until all the clumps are out. Fold vegetables into batter.
  • Heat pan on medium high heat. Add enough vegetable oil to cover the pan. You can test the oil by dropping a couple of drops of water or the batter into the oil. If they sizzle, your oil is hot enough.
Full Recipes>>Vegetable Fritters


bwh