. Chocolate zucchini cake | Best Recipe

Chocolate zucchini cake

ats
tgh
Where do I begin? I think I just went to chocolate heaven after eating one slice of this delicious chocolate zucchini cake. I am not kidding, this cake is life, it’s so rich, chocolatey, even though it’s vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free and oil-free!

Chocolate cakes have a bad reputation because normally they contain tons of sugar, eggs, and butter but not this one! My chocolate cake contains zucchini plus I added sweet potatoes to the frosting, which makes it a healthy chocolate cake with veggies. Yet it tastes absolutely delicious, like finger licking’ amazing…

I love to bake but I actually never follow any recipes which I find online because most of them aren’t very healthy. A quick Google search for chocolate cake and I find thousands of recipes which contain either butter or a cup of oil. I mean seriously, who wants to eat a cake with so much oil?! Your arteries won’t be happy… I do have some recipes which contain 1 or 2 tbsp oil but lately, I try to completely skip the oil . Even though oil is plant-based it’s 100% fat and doesn’t contain any fiber. So whenever possible I rather consume the whole plant and not the oil.



Chocolate zucchini cake

Ingredients

Dry ingredients:
1 1/2 cup brown rice flour
1 cup coconut sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2 tbsp flaxseeds
3/4 cup shredded coconut
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
Wet ingredients:
2 cups (lightly packed) grated zucchini
1 1/3 cup light coconut milk
3-4 tbsp agave syrup
Sweet potato frosting:
2 small sweet potatoes, cooked
1 cup sunflower seed butter
1/3 cup agave syrup
4 tbsp cocoa powder
1/8 to 1/2 cup light coconut milk
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt

Instructions

1. Put all dry ingredients in your food processor and blend for some seconds. Transfer the dry ingredients to a big
bowl
2. Whisk the wet ingredients (coconut milk and agave syrup) together in a bowl and pour it over the dry
ingredients. Give the mixture a good stir with your whisk (you can also use a hand mixer if you want

Full Recipes


bwh