. Golden Chicken | Best Recipe

Golden Chicken

ats
tgh
This light and crispy Golden Chicken is marinated in a honey dijon sauce and seasoned with just the right amount of turmeric for a healthy, flavor-packed dinner that’s ready in only 20 minutes!

Have you jumped on the turmeric bandwagon yet?! I became curious about the spice after seeing zillions of recipes for “Golden Milk” floating around the internet. And then when I read more about the health benefits of turmeric, I quickly picked up a jar of the spice on my next grocery run. This stuff has amazing anti-inflammatory properties and has been shown to help with rheumatoid arthritis, cancer prevention, cardiovascular protection, Alzheimer’s prevention, and a host of other benefits (source). How could I NOT add it to my diet?

While I still haven’t wrapped my head around the idea of milk with turmeric, I thought that I should ease my way into this seasoning with a simple chicken dinner. After all, turmeric is one of the ingredients used to make curry…so it MUST be good with chicken, right?! Well, it is. You can trust me on that one.




Golden Chicken

Ingredients
Marinade:
¼ cup honey
3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
2 tablespoons smooth Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon turmeric
1 teaspoon minced garlic
Salt to season
1.5 – 2 lbs. skinless and boneless chicken thighs or chicken breasts I used chicken thighs

Instructions

  • In a small bowl, whisk together all of the marinade ingredients (honey through salt). Pour half the marinade into a large zip-top bag and add chicken to the bag. If time allows, place bag of chicken in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 2 hours.
  • Set aside the reserved marinade to use as a dressing later.

bwh