. Oreo Brookie Cheesecake | Best Recipe

Oreo Brookie Cheesecake

ats
tgh
It’s hard to believe that 4 weeks from today, we will be welcoming our twins into the world. We have delivery scheduled, unless they come on their own sooner. It’s a little bit surreal and borderline overwhelming to think of all that we’d like to get done before then and all that will change afterwards.

I’d like to say that I’m still going strong and baking my butt off, but there’s no doubt I’ve slowed down. This belly has gotten quite large and the perinatologist has instructed less activity and more calories (mostly protein). So I’m pretty much a baby incubator right now. πŸ˜‰

I’m powering through pretty well though. The kitchen isn’t completely closed yet, I’m just really slow and take lots of breaks. I don’t get as much done as I normally would in the same amount of time. And since I’m supposed to be eating protein, rather than empty calories, I’m pretty sure I need to bake some protein powder into a cake or cookies or something. πŸ™‚



OREO BROOKIE CHEESECAKE

INGREDIENTS:

BROWNIE BOTTOM
10 tbsp (140g) unsalted butter, melted
1 cup (207g) sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
3/4 cup (98g) all purpose flour
6 tbsp (43g) natural unsweetened cocoa
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

COOKIE CHEESECAKE FILLING
24 ounces (678g) cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup (225g) brown sugar
3 tbsp (24g) all purpose flour
1 cup (230g) sour cream, room temperature
1 tbsp vanilla extract
3 large eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 cups (128g) chopped chocolate chip cookies
3/4 cup (128g) chocolate chips

OREO WHIPPED CREAM
2 cups (480ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
1/2 cup (58g) powdered sugar
1/2 cup (57g) natural unsweetened cocoa
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup Oreo crumbs
5-6 chopped oreos

DIRECTIONS:

TO MAKE THE BROWNIE:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Line a 9-inch (23cm) springform pan with parchment paper in the bottom and grease the sides.
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugar and vanilla extract.
4. Add the eggs and mix until well combined.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix until well combined.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.

Full Recipes


bwh