. Smashed Chickpea Avocado Salad Sandwich with Cranberries + Lemon | Best Recipe

Smashed Chickpea Avocado Salad Sandwich with Cranberries + Lemon

ats
tgh
Yesterday we moved into our new apartment! Finally, I’ll have own office. And our place is much larger than my previous 700 square foot 1-bedroom.

I’m so eager to get to Home Goods, Pottery Barn, Target plus go antique shopping. The upside of moving is that you get to completely redecorate. If I haven’t mentioned before, my style is very romantic with a bit of sophistication. I love antiques and making them new again with a fresh coat of paint. In fact, I recently had an old headboard painted a beautiful bronze gold from my friends at MegMade here in Chicago. They have a wonderful Etsy shop too, so check it out!

Next up on my list of today’s talking points is this epic vegetarian sandwich that I made in partnership with my friends at Peapod. Like I mentioned in previous posts, Peapod asked me to create delicious recipes for their new website FromThePod.com, which I am completely LOVING!

And what could be better than a sandwich that takes about 5 minutes to make? Especially one with creamy, ripe avocado plus protein and fiber packed chickpeas. Add a little bit of sweetness from cranberries and tang from lemon. It’s basically sandwich magic. Or salad magic if you’re avoiding extra carbs.



Smashed Chickpea Avocado Salad Sandwich with Cranberries + Lemon

INGREDIENTS

1 – 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 large ripe avocado
2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup dried cranberries
Freshly ground salt & pepper, to taste
OPTIONAL: 4 slices of your favorite whole grain bread (or gluten free)
Toppings: Arugula, red onion, or spinach

INSTRUCTIONS

  • In a medium bowl, smash chickpeas with a fork. Add in avocado and use fork to smash again until avocado is smooth, yet still contains a few chunky pieces. Stir in lemon juice and cranberries. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve (best within 1-2 days).


bwh