. Banana Caramel Cupcakes with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting | Best Recipe

Banana Caramel Cupcakes with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting

ats
tgh
I’ve been going caramel crazy lately. I made a ton of batches of both my Homemade Caramel Sauce and my Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce and have been topping EVERYTHING with it. I can’t help it. The stuff is addictive.

As great a topping as caramel sauce makes, there was no way in hell that was all I was gonna use it for. So to put my Homemade Caramel Sauce to better use, I swirled some into this banana bread and stuffed some inside these cupcakes. Those recipes were a caramel dream come true, but I still had loads of caramel sauce, so I thought “what the hell? Let’s bake more desserts!”



Banana Caramel Cupcakes with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting

Ingredients

  • 1 recipe of my Homemade Caramel Sauce

Banana Cupcakes:

  • 1 and ½ cups all purpose flour
  • 1 and ½ tsp baking powder
  • ½ tsp baking soda
  • ½ tsp salt
  • ½ tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
  • ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
  • ¾ cup granulated sugar
  • ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
  • ½ cup sour cream, room temperature
  • 1 and ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs, room temperature
  • 2-3 overripe large bananas, puréed or mashed (about 1 and ½ cups)

Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting:

  • ½ cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
  • 1 (8 oz.) package full-fat cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 4 cups Powdered Sugar, sifted
  • ¼ cup caramel sauce (recipe above)
  • ¼ tsp salt

Optional Garnishes:

  • Toffee Bits
  • Extra Caramel Sauce
  • Fresh Sliced Bananas

Instructions



bwh