. Slow Cooker Thai Mango Chicken | Best Recipe

Slow Cooker Thai Mango Chicken

ats
tgh
My Mango Chicken has been one of my go-to chicken dinners for a long time. Recently, a reader asked if she could make this recipe in a crock pot or slow cooker. What a great idea! Why didn’t I think of that? I’m always on the lookout for quick and easy dinners and this one certainly meets that criteria.

After her suggestion, I got busy and adapted my original recipe to streamline it and make it gluten-free and paleo. This time, I used frozen mango chunks because they were less expensive than buying fresh mangoes. I also used boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of breasts, but either will work just fine. I cut out the oil and flour by removing the need to brown the chicken parts first.



Slow Cooker Thai Mango Chicken

Prep Time
10 mins
Cook Time
2 hrs
Total Time
2 hrs 10 mins

Ingredients
Mango Sauce

  • 3 mangoes peeled and cubed (Use 2 mangoes in the sauce peeled and cubed (Use 2 mangoes in the sauce and reserve 1 for garnish.) OR 3 cups frozen mango chunks (2 for the sauce, 1 for garnish)
  • 1 tsp red chili pepper, de-seeded and diced, OR half a dried crushed chili
  • 1 tbsp rice vinegar OR apple cider vinegar
  • 1 1/2 tbsp coconut aminos or soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp fish sauce
  • zest of 1 lime
  • 2 tbsp lime juice
  • 1 tbsp coconut palm sugar or brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp ginger grated
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 1/4 tsp turmeric
  • 3-4 tbsp coconut milk (optional)


Chicken
  • 8 chicken thighs boneless and skinless OR 4 boneless chicken breasts, sliced lengthwise into 3-4 pieces each
  • 1 red bell pepper finely diced
  • 1/4 cup fresh cilantro

Instructions





bwh