. Vegetarian Pulled Pork | Best Recipe

Vegetarian Pulled Pork

ats
tgh
If there is one thing I miss more than anything else in terms of eating meat, it’s pulled pork.  I was a late bloomer when it comes to the wonderfulness that is pulled pork.  I would guess that I was in my late twenties the first time I tasted it.  And, even then, it didn’t become a regular thing for me. 

When I got married though, my ex wife use to make pulled pork really well.  She was a slow cooker genius – something I’ve never mastered.  (To be honest, I’m afraid of it.  There’s just something not right about letting food cook for hours and hours at a very low temperature.  Is that just me?)  UPDATE: Fast forward a few years later.  I finally purchased a slow cooker and I’m loving it!  Just another thing I have missed out on for so long.



VEGETARIAN PULLED PORK

PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES 
COOK TIME: 35 MINUTES  
TOTAL TIME: 40 MINUTES  

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 cans young green jackfruit packed in water, 20 ounce size
  • 1 large onion, finely chopped
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons chili powder, adjust for desired heat
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 cup bbq sauce, see notes

INSTRUCTIONS

Full Recipes>>Vegetarian Pulled Pork


bwh