. Vegan Buffalo Wings | Best Recipe

Vegan Buffalo Wings

ats
tgh
I used to work in a pub and bar that had a special wings night every Friday. What is it about the wings and beer combination that is so alluring? Is it the cold contrast of bubbly beer after a smoking hot mouth? I used to love eating wings once a week and besides the usually met-free diet I kept, this was something I could happily indulge in.  When I smell a plate of wings walk by my table my mouth still salivates, not for the meat itself, no– it longs for the yummy, spicy, mouth burning sauce, and isn’t that really as chicken wings are– a sauce vehicle? I firmly believe they are just that. We just want the sauce don’t we?



Vegan Buffalo Wings Recipe

Prep time  25 mins
Cook time  1 hour 10 mins
Total time   1 hour 35 mins

Give these delicious vegan wings a try-- I promise they will taste JUST like the meat version. The seitan chicken has taken me roughly 2 years to perfect. It is moist, and perfectly spiced. For the "bones" you can use either sugar cane or popsicle sticks; or you can simply have "boneless" wings!

Ingredients
Chicken “Meat”

  • 1 cup vital wheat gluten
  • 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • ½ tsp salt
  • ½ tsp poultry seasoning
  • ¾ cup vegetable broth, I made mine with bouillon
  • 2 tbsp tahini
  • 2-3 cups of vegetable broth, I made mine with bouillon

Spicy Batter

  • 2 eggs worth ofegg replacer
  • 1-2 tablespoons Buffalo hot sauce
  • ½ tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 2 cups all-purpose unbleached flour or oat flour

Instructions

Full Recipes>>Vegan Buffalo Wings 


bwh