. Pineapple Pretzel Salad | Best Recipe

Pineapple Pretzel Salad

ats
tgh
I’ve been obsessed with the all the different variations of pretzels salads I’ve been seeing on Pinterest lately. I remember one classic strawberry pretzel salad that always seemed to appear at our church potluck dinners, especially in the spring and summer. It’s weird, but I’m not a big fan of Jello so I usually stayed away from that dessert. I do remember Paul always raving about them though, which is why I’ve always been looking for one that piques my interest as well.

What exactly is the obsession with the salty and sweet combination in desserts? I honestly don’t know, but I’m on board with it hook, line, and sinker! Salted caramel is one of my favorite combinations and this Pineapple Pretzel Salad is no different. I made this salad to bring to my parent’s house for a cookout a few weeks ago and, unfortunately, it never made it there – sorry guys! We just absolutely loved it so much, it was gone within a few days.

I used our favorite local brand of pretzels for this salad, use your favorite thin pretzel brand. It’s actually a great task to put them in a baggie and give the kids the job of breaking the pretzels! I love any opportunity to give my kids a way to be involved in the kitchen chores. Don’t make the mistake of skipping the part where you let it sit in the fridge. This allows the pretzels to soften up and really makes the flavors meld together, too





PINEAPPLE PRETZEL SALAD

PREP TIME: 15 MINSCOOK TIME: TOTAL TIME: 15 MINS

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup sugar, divided
  • 3 cups thin pretzels, broken in small pieces
  • 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
  • 8 oz Cool Whip, thawed according to package directions
  • 20 oz pineapple tidbits, drained well


INSTRUCTIONS:



bwh