. Strawberry Slab Pie | Best Recipe

Strawberry Slab Pie

ats
tgh
Strawberries have always been my favorite. This pie makes me think of the times my grandma would take us to the big strawberry fields near her house.  I am sure we would eat just as many strawberries as we put in the basket.

I remember one time my cousin Stacy was with us for strawberry picking and we spotted a snake in the field. We screamed and ran like heck.

I’m sure our screaming scared the snake and as it slithered away, Stacy was running right after the snake without realizing it.

I think the rest of us were calling after her but she just kept going. Eventually the snake took off in a different direction.  We laughed and laughed afterwards.

We had such fun times picking peaches and strawberries.  I’m sure we were way more trouble than we were worth though.  Grandma’s really are the best.



INGREDIENTS
for the crust:

  • 2¼ cup all purpose flour
  • ¼ cup sugar
  • ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 cup cold butter, cut into cubes

for the pie:

  • 6 oz strawberry jello
  • 1½ cups sugar
  • ⅓ cup cornstarch
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 20 oz sprite (2½ cups)
  • 32 oz strawberries, washed and tops removed
  • Whipped topping or whipped cream for garnish.

INSTRUCTIONS
for the crust:

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Add all ingredients to a mixer bowl or food processor, mix until crumbly. Press into a half sheet pan (about 18 x 12). Prick all over with a fork.
  • Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Full Recipes>>Strawberry Slab Pie





bwh