. 5-Ingredient Tropical Smoothie | Best Recipe

5-Ingredient Tropical Smoothie

ats
tgh
Living in Kansas City, smack dab in the middle of the country, I think I’m officially about as far away from the ocean as possible.

Sometimes, I wish I lived closer.

Don’t get me wrong.  I have grown quite fond of our rolling plains over the years, which out over the horizon as far as the eye can see.  I love driving through the Flint Hills, with the beautiful jagged limestone carved into the Kansas prairie.  I love our lakes and rivers here, especially the Arkansas River (pronounced our-Kansas in Wichita), which was the home for festivals, high-school canoeing, and many a family bike ride growing up.

But.



5-INGREDIENT TROPICAL SMOOTHIE

INGREDIENTS:

1 orange, peeled and quartered
1 ripe banana, peeled and sliced
1 cup coconut water (or fruit juice)
1 cup frozen mango chunks
1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
(optional: 1 teaspoon chia seeds or ground flax seed)

DIRECTIONS:

  • Add all ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth.  Serve immediately.


bwh