. Balsamic Beet Salad with Arugula and Goat Cheese | Best Recipe

Balsamic Beet Salad with Arugula and Goat Cheese

ats
tgh
This easy, delicious Balsamic Beet Salad with Arugula, Goat Cheese and Walnuts is perfect for lunch or a light dinner. Truly a farmer’s market favorite!

BALSAMIC BEET SALAD WITH ARUGULA, GOAT CHEESE AND WALNUTS
Growing up, I was not a big fan of beets. Let’s just say beets from a can were not my favorite thing.

It wasn’t until I married my husband and was re-introduced to them to by my in-laws that I started to like them. My in-laws cooked them all the time, taking advantage of all the local produce we have right in our town.



Ingredients

Balsamic Beets
1 1/2 pounds of beets (8-9 medium beets)
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (I prefer fig balsamic)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Salad
6 cups arugula
2 oz of goat cheese, crumbled
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts

Instructions

  • Balsamic Beets
  • Remove greens, scrub clean, and cover beets with about an inch of water.
  • Bring to a boil and cook until fork inserts easily, about 35-40 minutes
  • Cool under cold water, remove skins.
  • Allow to cool to room temperature; cut into quarters.
  • Mix 3 tablespoons balsamic and 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil in saucepan and put heat on low.
  • Add beets, stir to coat, about 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
  • Allow to cool, then beets can either be used in salad, or stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days until you are ready to use them. I prefer to let mine sit for a day and let the flavor deepen.
bwh