. “Chokito” Chocolate Caramel Slice | Best Recipe

“Chokito” Chocolate Caramel Slice

ats
tgh
Did you grow up with Chokito chocolate bars? I sure did. Caramel fudge encased in milk chocolate and rice krispies. Also similar to a 100 Grand bar except the caramel in a chokito is a firm fudge rather than a gooey caramel. Sounds like heaven right?

CRAZY BUT TRUE

Well, crazy but true, I didn’t like chokitos for a long time. I remember going to the Perth Royal Show each year and one of the showbags I would get always had mini chokitos and I would just toss them aside. I don’t remember ever trying them though. I think I just decided I didn’t like them.



“Chokito” Chocolate Caramel Slice

Prep Time
10 mins
Cook Time
10 mins
Setting time
3 hrs
Total Time
20 mins

Ingredients

57 g (1/2 stick / 1/4 cup) unsalted butter
1/2 can (200g / 7 oz) sweetened condensed milk
100 g (1/2 cup packed / 3.5oz) dark brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons liquid glucose (or light corn syrup) (notes)
100 g white chocolate, chopped
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
500 g milk chocolate
1 1/2 cup puffed rice

Instructions

  • Chop the white chocolate up finely. Line a square 8x8 inch baking pan with baking paper.
  • Combine the sweetened condensed milk, sugar, glucose (or corn syrup) and butter in a heavy based saucepan. Stir, without boiling, until the sugar is dissolved.
  • Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer and simmer while stirring for another 5-6 minutes until the mixture starts to come away from the side of the pan (when you stir, you will clearly see the side or bottom of pan before the mixture covers it up again).
  • Take the mixture off the heat and mix through the white chocolate until fully melted and incorporated.
  • Set aside while you prepare the top and bottom layers


bwh