. Peanut Butter Brownie Bombs | Best Recipe

Peanut Butter Brownie Bombs

ats
tgh
I am a total sucker for brownies.  Especially slightly underbaked brownies.  I always take mine out of the oven a few minutes early and let them bake a little longer in the pan outside the oven because while I adore brownies, there is absolutely nothing more disappointing than a dried out one.

Sometimes this backfires.  I earned the name “Goldilocks the Brownie Ruiner” while on a trip to Las Vegas with my girlfriends because I totally destroyed a batch of brownies by taking them out way too early.  The entire middle was just raw batter.  In my defense, I had had a lot of margaritas.  But still.  Only take them out 5 minutes earlier than you think you should, not ten.  Lesson learned.

This recipe is fantastic because it uses underbaked brownies.  (If only I’d had it in Vegas.)  Undercooked brownies are flattened out a bit, filled with a ball of sweetened peanut butter that tastes just like a Reeses and then rolled into a truffle shaped ball and dipped in more chocolate.  Nothing not to like here, folks.



Peanut Butter Brownie Bombs

Ingredients:

1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 pkg fudge brownie mix, baked and cooled (I like Betty Crocker’s Family sized fudge brownies)
18-oz semisweet chocolate or chocolate candy melts
Sprinkles for decorating the tops

Directions:

1. Make the brownies according to the box. Make sure to follow the direction to make fudgy brownies and not cake-like ones. Cook in a 13×9 pan. Cool.
2. While brownies are cooling, make the peanut butter balls. In a bowl, whisk together peanut butter, powdered  sugar, salt and vanilla. Make sure you get all the lumps out.
3. Chill the peanut butter mixture for 15-30 minutes in the freezer to make it easier to roll the balls.

Full Recipes

bwh