. Pumpkin Pie Smoothie | Best Recipe

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie

ats
tgh
This is an oldie, but a goodie, (originally posted November 2011) but was worth reshooting and sharing again!  And … we made a video to share with you too 🙂

What kind of food blogger would I be if I didn’t post a creamy and delicious Pumpkin Pie Smoothie?  A hungry one I guess!  I’ve resisted making a pumpkin smoothie because I didn’t think I’d like it.  Was I completely wrong!  After making a pumpkin pie last weekend I had a little canned pumpkin left over.  I am so glad because this was great.  I went back to the pantry to make sure I have another can of Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin because I’ll make this again and again.  It tastes like pumpkin pie to me but it’s healthy, filling and completely appropriate for breakfast.

Check out these adorable gourds and pumpkins.  We picked these at a local farm – three for a dollar!  What a deal and what a fun day with our grandchildren.  The little ones get such a thrill from picking their own pumpkins.




Pumpkin Pie Smoothie

Ingredients

1 cup plain Greek yogurt (I prefer Fage brand yogurt)
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/2 scoop protein powder (optional)
1 cup vanilla almond milk
1 frozen sliced banana
5-6 ice cubes
Agave nectar, honey or Truvia to taste
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, more or less to taste
Fresh ground nutmeg for garnish

Instructions

  • Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse until smooth. Serve sprinkled with additional cinnamon or nutmeg if desired.


bwh